Deadline: 1 July 2019
Organizations operating in Liberia and involved in any of the programs listed below may apply:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- General education by schools
- Health education
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) programs for schools including structural facilities for sanitation purposes
- Training of teachers in implementing health education curriculum
- Educating communities about basic health and hygiene practices. Communities with school health education programs will be favored.
- Projects focusing on educational and support for medical staff (doctors, midwives, nurses, etc.).
- Programs educating maternity patients about hygiene and health
- Psycho-Social Support System Rehabilitation
- Orphans (children and youth)
- Programs that provide nurturing environments with education, shelter, food, etc. for orphans with plans for sustainability and self- independence for children and youth.
- Programs should go beyond immediate or short-term counseling. Support should be long-term and enable orphans to become independent and productive members of society.
- Programs supporting individuals that are stigmatized as a result of contracting the Ebola virus. Goals of programs should be to help people rebuild their lives, but nature of support or intervention will be evaluated on case- by-case basis for the applications.
- Communities may include geographic locations and sites that were devastatingly impacted by the outbreak, as well as sectors, such as medical staff and healthcare practitioners.
- Orphans (children and youth)
- Entrepreneurship (Micro-financing)
- Programs supporting micro-financing projects for individuals affected by Ebola (survivors, orphans, families of victims, market/sellers impacted by limited access to goods, etc.). Programs may have a two-pronged approach with both economic/micro-financing and psycho-social support benefits.
- Established, sustainable micro-financing groups that need additional seed money to extend opportunities to more people.
- Only nonprofit organizations working independently of the government of Liberia are eligible to apply.
- The organization must be officially registered by the Liberian government as a not-for-profit organization, or be partnered with such.
- Preference will be given to organizations based in Liberia.
- An organization may submit no more than one grant application per year.
- FOL will not award a grant that is the exclusive source of support for the program or project proposed.
- FOL generally will not accept a grant application based upon a program or project for which a previous grant was awarded. (FOL, at its initiative, may encourage a grantee to apply for a continuation grant.)
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applications must be sent electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Liberia
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://fol.org/programs/small-grants/