Deadline: 15 November 2019
Applications are now open for Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program which is a scholarship program funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by AMIDEAST in countries throughout the Middle East and Northern Africa, including Libya.
The YES Program provides scholarships to Libyan high school students between the ages of 15 and 18 to spend up to one fully-funded academic year in the United States. Scholarship recipients live with host families, attend U.S. high schools, and participate in special enrichment activities that include community service, youth leadership training, and other activities that help them develop a comprehensive understanding of American culture and leadership skills. Likewise, these students serve as cultural ambassadors for Libya, representing its rich heritage to their American host communities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Libyan high school student enrolled in 10th or 11th grade at the time of application, and between the ages of 15-18 by August 1, 2020
- Have a record of high academic achievement and public service in the community
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- The program can support students with disabilities and encourages their participation.
- Please note that American citizens are not eligible for this program.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://ly.usembassy.gov/kennedy-lugar-yes-program-2020-2021/