Deadline: 30 January 2018
Qatar Foundation is currently inviting applicants for its 2018 World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards to identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society.
The WISE Awards recognize successful, innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities, and society. The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and successful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan for the project’s future objectives and development
- Is scalable
- Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
- Its innovative nature
- Its distinctiveness within its sphere of action
- The type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries
Each WISE Awards winning project will receive $20,000 (US) and will benefit from increased public interest through media exposure and other channels
- The 2018 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
- Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
- Projects can also belong to any education sector such as Pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, further and higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
- Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated to the WISE Awards.
- Applications should only be for original works and projects, and should be submitted by a representative working within the project. All applicants should therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and should not hold QATAR FOUNDATION liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
- Nominations can be submitted by persons external to the organization running the project. Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form, although this information will be kept confidential by QATAR FOUNDATION. Nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best fill the nomination form. However, QATAR FOUNDATION will only contact nominated projects if they are selected as Finalists following the Pre-Jury evaluation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit 2018 WISE Awards.