Deadline: 25 September 2016
Nominations are open for Stockholm Water Prize 2017 by Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) with a mission to generate and promote knowledge, solutions and tools leading to water-wise decisions for sustainable development.
- Water Governance
- Transboundary Water Management
- Climate Change and Water
- Water, Food and Energy
- Water Economics
- Policy and Practices
- human rights, conflict resolution, influence on policies, and international cooperation with application in the water sector
- sustainable and safe management of water resources
- provision of water supply and sanitation services
- development and application of appropriate technologies
- development and improvement of economical, legislative, institutional or administrative principles for efficient, equitable and sustainable water management and service provision
- natural, physical and/or technological processes
- the functioning of complex systems
- development or improvement of economical, legislative, institutional or administrative principles for efficient, equitable and sustainable water management and service provision.
- Any woman, man or organisation that have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and protection of the world’s water resources and to improved health of the planet’s inhabitants and ecosystems, may be nominated.
- The achievements can be within the fields of science, technology, education, public policy, or practice related to sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources.
- The work of the candidate should have proven impact and/or great potential. Over the years, the Stockholm Water Prize Laureates have represented regions from all over the world and a broad range of water-related activities, professions and scientific disciplines.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the SWP Nomination form via given website.
For more information, please visit Stockholm Water Prize 2017