Nuffic has launched The Orange Knowledge Programme to strengthen food resilience in the Horn: Addressing root causes of instability, migration and hunger and promoting employment for youth, women and vulnerable groups in Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan.
Nuffic’s Orange Knowledge Programme is a 5 year global development programme, aimed at strengthening professionals and organizations through education and training. It contributes to the goals of the Netherlands’ development cooperation policy, in which education plays a significant role.
The programme offers funding in 54 countries for individual scholarships, tailor-made trainings and institutional partnerships between Dutch and foreign education institutions in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and higher education. It focuses on the priority themes of the Dutch government (Water, Food and Nutrition Security, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, and Security and Rule of Law) and aims throughout the programme for inclusion, employability and environmental sustainability.
The Orange Knowledge Programme Tailor-Made Plus Training is meant to improve the overall functioning of organizations by training a selected group of staff. A Tailor-Made Training can solve knowledge and skills challenges of organizations’ staff, by specifically targeting their capacity needs.
- Food and Nutrition Security (FNS); and
- Security and Rule of Law (SRoL).
- Maximum available funding for this call, excluding co-funding: EUR 400,000
- Maximum funding per Tailor-Made Training Plus, excluding co-funding: EUR 400,000
The proposed project must contribute to the following SDGs:
- Contribute to end hunger (SDG 2);
- Contribute to promoting just, peaceful and inclusive societies and achieving legitimate stability (SDG 16).
The proposed project must contribute to one or more of the following long-term impacts:
In the area of Food and Nutrition Security:
- Reduce malnutrition;
- Promote agricultural growth;
- Ecologically sustainable food systems.
In the area of Security and the Rule of Law:
- Human security;
- Rule of Law;
- Peace and governance;
- Social and economic reconstruction.
This will be achieved by the following outcomes:
- TVET/HE organizations (in the selected partner countries and in NL) perform better their core tasks, firmly embedded in their environment (in line with country / regional specific labour market needs & aiming at inclusiveness)
- Enhanced knowledge and skills of individuals and organizations (in partner countries and in the NL) in line with country/regional specific labor market needs and aimed at inclusiveness.
Group Training Target Group
To be eligible for an OKP Group Training grant, an application must propose a training course for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- The candidates work for one of the following types of national and/or local organizations: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education institutions, universities, private sector, commissions or NGOs.
- The candidates may not work for:
- a bilateral or multilateral organization;
- a non-governmental organization that is internationally active and is focused on representing social interests, such as development cooperation, nature and environmental protection, health or human rights.
- Eligibility for OKP Group Training grants extends to Dutch institutions providing secondary and higher vocational and academic education or other types of Dutch organizations that provide educational training courses and that also contribute to strengthening of the priority themes.
- These institutions must deliver the training themselves; intermediary organizations are not eligible.
- The institutions must have sufficient organizational and financial capacity to run a training course. This can be demonstrated using a COCA that is assessed as positive by Nuffic. The organizations must also have demonstrable experience in providing the desired training course.
For more information, visit https://www.nuffic.nl/sites/default/files/2020-12/horn-of-africa-call-for-grant-applications-tailor-made-training-plus-okp-ear-20058.pdf