Would you like to learn more about conflicts and their peaceful resolution from European and Georgian experts? Are you interested in strengthening your practical skills in peacebuilding in an interactive way, both offline and online? Do you want to have the opportunity to participate in a one-week international summer school in Armenia? Then Corridors have an excellent and completely cost-free offer for you!
The German NGO Corridors – Dialogue through Cooperation and the Active Civic Initiative from Georgia invite you to join the project Peace Education Corridor for Youth, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
- The projects kicks-off with an intensive three-day training, which will be facilitated by European and Georgian experts. The workshop is open to students and recent graduates who want to extend their knowledge on this important and timely topic. Participants will get introduced to the fundamentals of peace and conflict studies, trained in the theoretical and practical tools of conflict analysis and community peacebuilding, and learn from practical examples.
- The project aims to strengthen the internationalization of higher education for students throughout Georgia in the field of Peace and Conflict. Access to international education opens far-reaching personal and professional development perspectives and is a vital resource to address conflicts in society.
- The project aims to introduce the participants to the fundamentals of conflict analysis and peacebuilding. Moreover, they strive to train the participants on core competencies in the field of dialogue, mediation, and self-awareness.
- Successful students will have the opportunity to apply for a fully-funded one-week summer school in Dilijan.
- The project kicks off with a 3-day workshop in Zugdidi from 10-12th of May.
- The workshop brings together scholars and practitioners from Europe and Georgia for the intensive three-day training. The workshop is open to students and recent graduates who want to extend their knowledge on this important and timely topic. Participants will get introduced to the fundamentals of peace and conflict studies, trained in the theoretical and practical tools of conflict analysis and community peacebuilding, and learn from practical examples. The workshop will also focus on the active engagement of students through participatory methods and group activities. All lectures and discussions will be in English, and successful participants will get a workshop certificate and the opportunity to enter further online and offline education opportunities.
They invite interested students and recent graduates (19-27 years) with knowledge in political and social science, international relations, cultural studies, law, and neighboring disciplines to apply for the workshop.
For more information, visit https://www.opencorridors.de/