Deadline: 24 July 2020
The KIT Impact Challenge is open to organisations that are driven by the desire to create meaningful change in the lives of women and girls.
Our world is changing at a rapid pace placing enormous pressure on those who are least able to adapt. Despite our advances as a human race, we continue to live in a world where opportunity is determined by gender. A world in which gender influences who has the power to meet their own needs and solve their own problems.
Each day, women and girls in the developing world experience immense injustice. Injustice that limits their agency and their capacity to flourish as individuals and thrive within their communities. Equal opportunity for women and girls is essential for social change, it must be ensured if we are to share the benefit of a transformed world.
About KIT International
KIT International is a social innovation agency that works to enhance the health, education and livelihood opportunities for women and girls by raising awareness about the challenges they face, helping them with essential care and services, and building their capacity through education and training. Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, strategists, researchers and designers who are all motivated and passionate about making a positive impact in the world.
Our vision is a transformed world for women and girls, a world in which systems enable the empowerment of women and girls. We want to live in a world where women and girls are heard, where they have the power to participate and the opportunity to lead. A world where existing models are challenged and entrepreneurship inspires sustainable change.
The winners of the challenge will receive:
- promotion across the global forum
- access to KIT International’s business development network
- a series of mentoring and coaching sessions with the global network of marketing, strategy, sales, finance and innovation specialists
- expert support to develop an action plan for business growth and impact measurement capacity
- potential for ongoing collaboration and investment from KIT International
Does your initiative address a pressing issue or problem faced by women and girls? They are looking for solutions that are:
- Purpose-driven – improve opportunities in health, education or livelihoods
- Innovative- draw upon new or improved approaches or business models
- Scalable- demonstrate growth potential and measurable user/market traction
- Sustainable – have a viable business model
- Adaptable– show potential for application across multiple consumer groups and contexts
- Future Ready – can use technology, skills and business models that respond to changing times and needs
- Environmentally Aware – support the wellbeing and future of the planet
At KIT international they believe that collaboration drives impact. They are committed to supporting all of their partners to grow initiatives and achieve goals. If your team needs some extra help to really take off–here is your chance!
Is your team a good fit? They are looking for teams that are:
- Innovators – able to demonstrate the application of innovation processes
- Design-thinkers – have a passion for exploring options and testing ideas with users at the centre
- Ambitious – dedicated to growth, improvement and success on a broader scale
- Collaborative– with the desire and capacity to connect with their global team
- Aligned – with the vision and values of KIT International
For more information, visit https://kit-innovation-challenge.mailchimpsites.com/