The U.S. Embassy Colombo/Sri Lanka has announced that the United States government will offer one fully funded Master’s degree in the United States through the Fulbright Foreign Student Program in the Maldives. Selected candidate would begin study at a U.S. university in Fall 2021.
Fulbright grant provisions include: round-trip airfare, tuition and related academic fees, monthly stipend for room, board and incidental expenses, book allowance, health and accident insurance, travel allowance and excess baggage allowance and pre-academic English language training (if necessary).
The grants will be offered for degrees in the following fields:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- History/American: English Literature/American
- Literature/Linguistics: Economics
- Political Science: International Relations
- Journalism/Mass Communication: Public Administration
- Law: Sociology/Anthropology
- Business Administration: Finance/Management
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies: Social Sciences & Humanities
- Engineering: Library and Information Studies
- Health: Fine Arts
To be eligible, candidates must:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree (four year) with an outstanding academic record
- Not have degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program
- Not hold a master’s degree from any third country
- Have at least two years full-time professional experience
- Have relevant degrees or professional experience in their proposed field of study
- Be fluent in English
- Be in good health
- Be Maldivian citizens residing in Maldives at the time of application
- Agree to return to Maldives on completion of studies in the U.S.
- Be willing to refund the cost of the return ticket if electing to return home before completion of the degree.
For more information, visit U.S. Embassy.