Deadline: 23 March 2018
The Embassy of the United States in Tashkent is seeking applications for the 2019 Eurasia/South Asia Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program which provides international teachers with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, and increase their knowledge of the United States.
The program consists of non-degree academic seminars focusing on new teaching methodologies, curriculum development, lesson planning, and instructional technology training. It will include a practicum of at least 40 hours with a U.S. partner teacher in a U.S. secondary school near the host university to actively engage participants in the U.S. classroom environment.
The TEA fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 visa support;
- A pre-departure orientation held in participant’s home country;
- Round-trip airfare to and within the U.S.;
- A Welcome Program at the host university;
- Academic program fees;
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals;
- Accident and sickness medical insurance coverage (does not cover pre-existing conditions);
- Transportation to the teaching practicum school (if necessary);
- A daily allowance for incidentals during the academic program;
- A book/professional development allowance
- A baggage allowance;
- An end-of-program workshop in Washington, D.C.; and
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants for alumni in good standing.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Be current secondary school-level*(including academic lyceums and vocational colleges), full-time teachers of
- English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), math, science, or social studies, including special education teachers in those subjects at an institution serving primarily a local population;
- Have completed at least five years of full-time teaching by the start of the program;
- Be citizens of and residents in Uzbekistan;
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree;
- Earn a minimum score of 45-46 on the TOEFL iBT. Important: applicants are NOT required to take the test at the moment of application submission. TOEFL tests will be arranged for selected semi-finalists in May, 2018;
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program; and
- Have submitted a complete application.
- The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program promotes diversity in the classroom and in learning. The Fulbright TEA Program supports inclusion and strongly encourages teachers with disabilities to apply.
- Teachers who have participated in the International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP), Edmund S. Muskie
- Graduate Fellowship Program, Partners in Education (PiE), Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program, and
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program are not eligible for Fulbright TEA.
- If you have participated in other professional development exchange programs in the United States, please contact the U.S. Embassy in Tashkent to inquire about your eligibility.
- Educational administrators (such as representatives or officials of the Ministry of Education) and school administrators who teach less than fifty percent of their time, full-time teacher trainers, university faculty, private English Language tutors, and teachers from schools primarily serving expatriates are not eligible.
- Applicants must reside in the country of citizenship at the time of application.
Note: Preference will be given to applicants who have not participated in these programs or another Fulbright program.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Uzbekistan
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For further information, please visit U.S Embassy.