Deadline: 27 July 2018
UNESCO Bangkok is seeking applications for its Wenhui Award for education innovation 2018 that will serve to improve the access to and quality of education and training, especially to those most in need. Given the challenges facing education, it is necessary to strengthen the commitment of individuals and institutions to continuously innovate and enlighten people.
The Wenhui Award embodies two important elements of educational innovation. Wen (文) refers to all facets of civilization and culture, including wisdom, knowledge, moral and ethics, and encompasses the desire for learning and inquiry. Hui (晖) symbolizes the creative and radiant force of education that allows civilization and culture to flourish.
Taken together, the Wenhui Award personifies the power of education in promoting learning and allowing individuals and cultures to innovate and grow.
Emphasizing the capacity of education and the human innovative spirit to address and resolve pressing issues and problems, the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Programme of Educational Innovation for Development (APEID) and the National Commission of the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO established the Wenhui (文晖) Award for Educational Innovation in 2010.
- For 2018, the theme of the Wenhui Award is “Innovations in School, Family and Community Collaboration for Quality Education”
- The two winners will receive a Certificate of Excellence and prize money of US$ 20,000 each.
The specific objectives of the 2018 Award are to:
- Value and encourage innovative school, family and community collaboration in enhancing the quality of education and learning;
- Recognize the collective contributions of individuals or institutions in developing innovative school, family and community collaboration to improve the quality of education and learning; and
- Foster indigenous wisdom and ingenuity in innovative school, family and community collaboration in enhancing the quality of education and learning.
- Individuals or institutions from UNESCO Member States in Asia and the Pacific region that have designed and implemented significant educational innovations in the professional development of teachers leading to improved access to, and quality in, education and skills development will be eligible for the Award.
- To qualify for nomination for the 2018 Wenhui Award, the candidates shall possess the following qualifications or attributes:
- Have demonstrated their ability in developing innovative school, family and community collaborations that have helped to enhance the quality of education and learning;
- Have verified the positive impact of their innovative practices in bringing about noticeable changes in the quality of education and learning;
- Have proven their commitment in promoting and supporting the principles of inclusive and lifelong quality learning for all; and
- Have established that their innovative practices are current and relevant to the educational issues of the 21st century.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit UNESCO Bangkok.