Deadline: 12 January 2019
UNESCO is currently inviting applicants to submit proposals for implementation of a set of activities under the Project “Improving access to quality and inclusive education with gender equality for out-of-school children in Iraq”.
The main purpose of the project is to accelerate the achievement of universal access to primary education; by considerably lowering the number of OOSC and re-integrate them into the formal education system in Iraq.
- Objective 1: Improve safe and child friendly learning space
- Objective 2: Increase primary school by enrolling 150,000 OOSC
- Objective 3: Enhance national capacity to provide quality primary education
Results and Outcomes
The expected results and outcomes of this partnership are:
- Alternative educational spaces are identified,established and ALP courses are held for OOSC
- 23,000 OOSC, IDP and returnee children are enrolled in ALP courses
The following types of proposals are not eligible for funding:
- Proposals concerned only or primarily with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops,seminars, conferences, congresses;
- Proposals concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
- Credit or loan schemes;
- Proposals which intend to pay debts or include provisions for losses or debts;
- Proposals which consist exclusively or primarily of capital expenditure e.g. land, buildings, equipment, vehicles, etc.;
- Proposals which discriminate against individuals or groups of people on grounds of their gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, or lack of them, or their ethnic origin;
- Scholarships, sponsorships and school fees;
- Cash donations or transfers;
- Political or religious activities;
- Proposals which fund terrorist activities.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/81728