Deadline: 1 March 2017
To build local capacity in Asia, Africa and Latin America, WWF’s Russell E. Train Education for Nature Program (EFN) is offering fellowships to current and aspiring faculty members to enable them to pursue their PhD.
Strong university faculty is fundamental for effective higher education. Faculty members inspire students, design curricula, promote learning, lead research, and publish scientific results.
After completing a degree, the individual must enhance, expand, or establish a graduate-level conservation program at a university in their home country. By doing so, WWF aims to improve the capacity of these local and regional universities and encourage future conservationists to study in their home countries.
Applicants may apply for up to three years of funding and request up to $30,000 per year.
- Inspire students
- Design curricula
- Promote learning
- Lead research
- Publish scientific results
- Applicants must be a citizen and legal permanent resident of an eligible country mentioned below.
- Applicants must have at least two years of conservation-related work or research experience.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to working in academia in an eligible country.
- Applicants must have an existing affiliation with a college or university in an eligible country. Priority will be given to individuals affiliated with underserved universities.
- Applicants must be enrolled in, admitted to, or have applied to a PhD program anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must plan to begin their studies no later than January 2018.
- Applicants must commit to working for at least two years in applicant’s home country after the completion of their degree.
- Applicants must not have received a Train Fellowship or Scholarship in the past.
- Applicants must contact EFN if applicants are a WWF employee, consultant, or previous EFN grant recipient.
- Applicants must submit all required documents by the application deadline.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Fiji, French Guiana, Gabon, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Indonesia, Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Republic of Congo, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia
For more information, please download the PDF.