Are you a young leader driving change in the Sahel region? Do you have an initiative that is making a difference in the Sahel? If yes, then apply for YouthConnekt Sahel Forum: Sahel Innovate Challenge!
Sahel Innovate Challenge is a flagship initiative of the YouthConnekt Sahel Forum designed to promote and showcase the innovation and resilience of young Sahelians driving the region’s transformation. It fosters an association of creativity and innovation with the region, shifting from the overemphasized conflict and poverty-stricken narrative.
They are searching for 20 exceptional youth from the Sahel Region who will win an opportunity to pitch their innovative solutions to a panel of judges at the YouthConnekt Sahel Forum.
It provides opportunities for Sahelian youth to engage with policy influencers, business and political leaders and development institutions. It also emboldens young people in the region to own their development narrative – discuss, design, accelerate youth empowerment efforts, and ultimately rebrand the Sahel as a land of opportunities and investment.
You are eligible if you:
- Are 35 or younger
- Have a demonstrable and tested innovative solution (including the number of people impacted) in the Sahel region in any of the following challenge tracks:
- Digital Transformation
- COVID-19 Response and Recovery
- Peace and Security
- Cultural and Creative Arts
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Are a national and currently residing in one of the UNISS Sahel countries (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, The Gambia, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, and Senegal).
- Selected applicants will receive:
- An opportunity to pitch your solution to business leaders and a panel of judges.
- Fully funded participation at the forum
For more information, visit https://www.africa.undp.org/content/rba/en/home/presscenter/articles/2021/youthconnekt-sahel-forum–sahel-innovate-challenge0.html