Deadline: 26 October 2018
AAECF REACT Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) is inviting applicants from Mozambique to submit concept notes to support renewable energy in sub-Saharan Africa, with a dedicated funding of 6.5 million USD for Mozambique.
The REACT sub-Saharan Africa (SSA REACT) is a project of 61 million USD funded by the Swedish Agency for International Development (SIDA).The program seeks to reduce poverty through a transformational increase in the use of renewable energy by non-network households in the target country. Its outcome will be private sector investment and innovation in low-cost clean energy and scale-catalyzed climate change adaptation technologies.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Candidates must provide low-cost, cheap, quality, clean energy products and services that benefit the rural and peri-urban poor.
- This should be aligned with one or more of the following focus areas eligible for funding:
- Small solar photovoltaic solar lanterns, consisting of lighting and charging phones, are available to large numbers of households through (but not limited to) prepayment systems.
- Entry-level home solar systems and basic capacity (below 50 Wp), consisting of basic lighting, telephone and radio charging systems, made available to large numbers of households through (but not limited to) prepaid systems or Institutions of Micro Credit (MFI).
- Medium-capacity autonomous domestic solar systems (50-100 Wp) for productive use composed of charging systems for telephone, radio, tools, etc. and which can be used in rural or peri-urban small-scale enterprises or housing.
- Larger autonomous solar energy systems (+100 Wp) that meet the full range of household / utility energy needs while still being cheap for people on low incomes.
- Mini and micro generations derived from hydropower and solar energy, with distribution networks that supply the full range of household / business needs and yet remain accessible to people on low incomes.
- Production / production and / or distribution of energy-efficient cooking solutions and cleaner fuels (eg ethanol and biogas) for low-income people in rural and peri-urban areas.
- Production / manufacturing and / or distribution models that support local entrepreneurship and the growth of SMEs, MFIs / local banks and women’s groups within a renewable energy demand and supply chain.
- Independent equipment solutions with high potential for off-grid productive uses (eg solar pumping, cooling solutions for agriculture).
- Large-scale out-of-network energy solutions for public and private institutions such as schools and clinics in periurban and rural areas.
- Business models that address the sustainable management of electronic waste in industry.
Total grant funds requested from AECF must be between US$100,000 and US$1,500,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
5 years (year 1 for start-up + competition phase, years 2 – 5 for implementation phase). REACT SSA is funded by AIDS.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for application to be considered:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Company is a private sector for-profit enterprise aligned with the funding focus areas and target technologies.
- Company is legally registered and physically established in Mozambique.
- Project idea will be implemented in Mozambique.
- Company (including 3rd parties such as co-investors or banks and other lenders) is providing at least 50% of the requested funds from AECF. Up to 40% of the matching funds may be in kind. Examples of acceptable in-kind contributions can include sweat equity; allocations of stock; or existing machinery and equipment allocated for use in the proposed project.
- The project must deliver low cost, affordable, quality clean energy products and services that benefit the rural and peri urban poor (especially women).
- Applicants must demonstrate that the project will contribute to environmental sustainability, including environmental and climate change aspects.
- Company must be compliant with fundamental in country and international human rights, labour standards, environmental management laws.
- Company must NOT be involved in any act of terrorism or support terrorists’ activities.
- Company must allow regular due diligence by AECF.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Mozambique
For more information, please visit Mozambique Program.