Deadline: 30 March 2020
Nominations are open for the MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2020, an international biennial prize which is co-organised by the AEON Environment Foundation and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
The prize aims to raise public awareness about the importance of biodiversity and to contribute to the objectives of the United Nations Decade on Biodiversity 2011 – 2020. The Prize honors individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity. It aims to encourage positive action for biodiversity and inspire others by showcasing the notable work of those whom it honors.
The MIDORI Prize was established by the AEON Environmental Foundation in 2010 to mark the United Nations International Year of Biodiversity, the tenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity held in Nagoya, Japan, and the 20th anniversary of the AEON Environmental Foundation. The MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity will be organized for the sixth time in 2020.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Prize is awarded every two years to three individuals who are each honored at a special award ceremony and who each receive a wooden plaque, a commemorative gift and a monetary prize of 100,000 US dollars.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Award Ceremony for the MIDORI Prize will be held in Tokyo, Japan on September 18, 2020 prior to the –fifteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP 15). Following the Award Ceremony, a commemorative lecture meeting by the Prize Winners and 30th anniversary ceremony of the foundation will be held.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The engagement of and collaboration between all stakeholders, including individual citizens, governments, international organizations, non-governmental organizations, researchers and the private sector are essential to safeguard the Earth’s biodiversity. Recognizing this, the MIDORI Prize is open to everyone contributing to conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity in the field of practical action, science, policy or public awareness.
- Candidates must satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Achievement: Have made outstanding achievements that greatly contribute to biodiversity
- Potential: Have the ability to influence future activities related to biodiversity
- Impact: Have conducted work which has impacts on various activities for biodiversity around the world
- Accomplishment will be assessed on its:
- International contribution
- Contribution to conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity
- Social contribution
- Long-term perspective and continuity
- Creativity and originality
- Openness for civil society
- Efficacy and influence
For more information, visit https://www.aeon.info/ef/en/prize/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.