The Keeling Curve Prize is accepting applications for the prize from innovative climate change solutions in the areas of Capture & Utilization, Energy, Finance, Social & Cultural Pathways, and Transport & Mobility.
The KCP’s aim is to accelerate and celebrate these solutions by honouring the very best climate actions worldwide and enhancing their efforts. Global Warming Mitigation Project (GWMP) do this by providing not only financial resources but exposure, promotion and a supporting network to elevate their success.
- Each year the Keeling Curve Prize gives out 10 awards of $25,000 each.
GWMP have developed five categories, each one addressing a specific sector of climate innovation:
- Capture & Utilization: Projects in this category are advancing technological and nature-based strategies for capturing and/or utilizing heat-trapping gases from the air or oceans.
- Energy: Projects in this category decarbonize energy, support zero-carbon energy innovations, and lead the way in improving the supply, distribution, and access of low or zero-emissions energy systems worldwide.
- Finance: Projects in this category are making financial mechanisms and economics work for greenhouse gas reduction and/or reversal ventures.
- Social & Cultural Pathways: Projects in this category are changing the way people consider, understand, and act concerning human impacts on planet Earth. They are trying to answer the question: what does it take, socially and culturally, to develop beyond fossil fuels?
- Transport & Mobility: Projects that apply in this category are reimagining and reinventing all types of vehicles, fuels, and mobility options for both people and products. These projects will confront the carbon footprint of the vehicles themselves and the routes travelled.
- They welcome entries for active projects or programs (not ideas or untested hypotheses) from anywhere in the world. Prizes are awarded for ongoing work only (not as a reward for unimplemented ideas or past work).
- They will not award prizes to the same applicants two years in a row. However, if you are not awarded, you may apply the next year and in any subsequent years.
- You may submit for multiple categories, but you will only be eligible to win in one category during any given year.
- Important: Incomplete applications or applications that do not attempt to quantify their emissions reductions (Question #9) or financial scalability (Questions #12 and 13) will not be considered.
- If offered a prize, recipients are requested but not required to:
- Report on the progress of the awarded project upon request by the KCP team.
- Support the PR outreach activity for the prize.
- Allow your project’s information to be disseminated at the discretion of the Global Warming Mitigation Project (GWMP) organization.
- Allow them to put details of your organization or project (including your logo) in their online and printed communications.
For more information, visit https://www.globalwarmingmitigationproject.org/apply