Are you ready to be part of the biggest movement in Southeast Asia for climate action? The U.S. Embassy in Brunei Darussalam is partnering with Biji-biji Initiative and Big BWN Project to launch the Brunei Young Southeast Asian Leadership Initiative (YSEALI) Summit 2022.
The YSEALI Summit 2022 is an assembly of Southeast Asian youths just like you to bring forth science, solutions, and solidarity for a livable future.
The Summit is designed as a platform to accelerate concerted action from the youths and build their capacity for navigating the complexity of climate issues in Southeast Asia. The Summit is set to deliver an interactive, hands-on, and immersive learning experience to all participants while embracing a competitive environment.
The YSEALI Summit: “Empowering Technology for a Greener Future” is inviting YOU among 80 YSEALI alumni to join a highly impactful program with online pre-Summit activities, 3-day workshop, and post-Summit engagements. The in-person Summit will be confirmed in February 2022, depending on the pandemic situation at the time.
What’s at the Summit?
- 80 emerging young leaders to kickstart green recovery
- 5 teams to each win USD 2,000 worth in Seed Funds
- 12 participants to join 2-Month Career Fellowship
To be eligible, participants must be:
- between 18-35 years at the time of the application.
- citizens and residents of an ASEAN member country (Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Laos, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam) or Timor-Leste.
- proficient in reading, writing and speaking English (TOEFL exam results not required).
- able to demonstrate interest in climate change mitigation and adaptation, renewable energy, green technologies, and environmental leadership.
- able to arrange your own travel visa to Brunei.
For more information, visit https://www.mereka.my/yseali-summit-2022