100+ Accelerator is currently inviting applications for the Climate Action Challenge.
The companies that create the products and goods that they use every day can be more proactive in reducing their greenhouse gas emissions. The 100+ Partners are working to reduce the carbon footprint and leading the way on the production and use of renewable energy throughout the supply chains. The future is dependent on finding affordable, renewable forms of energy that can fundamentally change how companies power their production, manufacturing, logistics and more.
The 100+ Accelerator delivers 6 months of remote programming and training to accelerate the collaboration and growth of cohort companies in addition to a pilot/alliance with their partner companies. You will receive support from a global team champion, access to mentor networks and up to $100K toward pilot execution.
What They Offer
The 100+ Accelerator will provide support, guidance and access to potential funding through:
- Pilot customer opportunities with the four corporate partners: AB InBev, Unilever, Coca-Cola, and Colgate Palmolive (including the potential to scale company-wide)
- Active mentorship, training and programming in product development, go-to-market, operations, sales and more
- Top mentor network of scientists, academics, domain experts, venture capitalists, corporate sustainability leaders, etc.
- Potential funding from Partner Companies and their networks
- Energy Consumption and Monitoring
- Tools to collect data on energy consumption in supply and value chain and/or tools to measure and compare the environmental impact of projects and products.
- High Efficiency Localized Coolers to reduce the carbon footprint of old refrigerators or coolers. In particular, process coolers that can replace existing NH3 Compressors OR new environmentally friendly cooling technologies for retail.
- Energy monitoring and control technology.
- New solutions or equipment for energy efficient malting, boiling, cold sterile filtration, pasteurization, bottle washing and refrigeration.
- More energy efficient glass making techniques (for scaled glass production) including innovations in the number of molds in a furnace.
- Cost effective condensers for spray drying towers (large volume, high speed).
- Low-energy mobile washing technology for reusable packaging at outdoor events, festivals etc.
- Renewable & Alternative Energy Solutions
- Renewable heat solutions.
- Transportation materials and equipment made from renewable energy sources rather than petroleum derivatives or other environmentally harmful sources.
- Cutting edge on-site thermal and electric renewable solutions for manufacturing, warehouses and distribution centers ideally with cogeneration and/or energy storage technology or solutions. Peak shaving technologies also of interest.
- Solution for cogeneration and sell-off.
- Small scale waste to energy solutions for individual sites.
- Natural Gas replacement with Biogas &/or Hydrogen for Heat & Power Generation.
- 100% renewable electricity for:
- electrolysis for alumina
- aluminium can sheet
- Can production.
- Carbon Reduction, Capture & Removal
- Solutions for permanent carbon capture.
- New solutions or technology for removing carbon from the atmosphere.
- Solutions capable of reducing, capturing & storing emissions of CO2, NOx and particulate gases from engines.
- Business Case & Financial Analyses
- New financing structures/ vehicles/ solutions e.g. HPA or Heat As A Service.
- Tools to assess financial risks to businesses due to climate change stressors.
- Predictive analytics or modeling of climate and water impacts, new product simulations.
The 100+ Accelerator challenges were developed with input from subject matter experts and partner companies to ensure both global and local issues are addressed.
For more information, visit https://www.100accelerator.com/en/challenge/climate-action