WE Africa is for women working for the environment who wish to transform the future of African conservation and environmental work. Supported by an extensive network of practitioners, Indigenous community leaders, scientists, academics, gender researchers, business leaders, and professional coaches across Africa and internationally, they have designed a fresh and relevant model of leadership development tailored to the individual and the environmental sector in Africa.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The From October 2020 to September 2021, twenty outstanding women in executive-level leadership positions in African conservation will come together for a year of virtual and in-person sessions to transform their own and each other’s leadership for the benefit of people, wildlife, and ecosystems across the continent and around the world.
In 2017, Women for the Environment Africa (WE Africa) was born through the determination of a small dedicated group of women conservationists frustrated with the current model of conservation leadership.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Women for the Environment Africa (WE Africa) shared a conviction that a different style of leadership with more diverse and inclusive teams and more collaboration and less competition would result in more conservation innovation and impact. This desire to “do conservation differently” led to the realization that they needed to both build a community of women conservation leaders in Africa to increase the resilience, and establish a transformational leadership course to increase their numbers at the decision-making tables.
- Membership in a community of passionate, experienced African women who are some of the most senior leaders in conservation today
- Access to twelve months of 1:1 leadership coaching
- An opportunity to create a new leadership vision for yourself and pursue a personalized leadership plan
- Monthly online sessions to fit around your work schedule
- Two in-person retreats for intensive personal and collective growth and community-building
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
WE Africa is for women who meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience working in the environmental or nature conservation space in government, non-governmental or private sectors in Africa
- A minimum of 5 years in upper level positions (e.g. CEOs, EDs, and senior leaders with teams of 20+ people, etc.)
- A commitment to investing in your personal growth and participation for the full 12 months
- A track record of mentorship and desire to support future environmental and nature conservation leaders
- Access to reliable internet during the full course
- Commitment to cover 15% of the cost of the course, amounting to about $1,500 USD
For more information, visit https://www.womenforenvironment.org/call-for-applications
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.