The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) invites for the Climate Innovation Labs to promote the accelerated transfer of environmentally sound technologies for low carbon and climate-resilient development at the request of developing countries. It provides technology solutions, capacity building and advice on policy, legal and regulatory frameworks tailored to the needs of individual countries.
The Centre is the operational arm of the UNFCCC Technology Mechanism, it is hosted and managed by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and supported by more than 600 network partners around the world.
Revolving around two three-day online events, one in Africa and another one in Asia Pacific, Climate Innovation Labs will give a chance to its participants to work side-by-side with climate technology experts from small and medium-sized enterprises to explore innovative design thinking tools, flexing their entrepreneurial muscle and creating solutions for enhanced climate action.
You will have the opportunity to work with climate technology experts on one of these challenges.
- Climate change effects: Drought, floods, deforestation, heatwaves, landslides;
- Access to capital and partnership;
- Lack of human resources knowledgeable about climate technology;
- Lack of infrastructure to enable sustainable growth in the sector;
- Lack of awareness about the impact of climate change;
- Access to raw materials and equipment to build products used in climate change mitigation;
- Access to scientific laboratories.
- Better understand the needs faced by SMEs in addressing climate change;
- Understand how innovative solutions can be a key force in tackling climate change challenges;
- Learn the lean startup methodology and execution of theory;
- Learn tools and frameworks to build and test, including hypothesis testing with customers;
- Learn how to pitch their idea to a jury and receive feedback from peers & mentors.
- You’ll get a chance to receive follow-on support to implement and scale your solution through a 6-8 week Climate Innovation Academy Program delivered by Seed stars.
- This is a perfect chance to turn your idea into a real business thanks to the expertise and mentorship provided throughout the virtual program!
- Between 20 and 30 years old;
- Fluent in the English language;
- Attending or have completed higher education;
- Aspiring or early-stage entrepreneurs or students interested in launching an idea on climate change and building entrepreneurial muscle;
- Passionate about solving climate technology needs and challenges in Africa or Asia Pacific.
For more information, visit https://climatelabs.seedstars.com/