Are you working on an environmental project using Google’s mapping tools? Apply now and stand a chance to win a Geo for Good Impact Award!
- Carbon Mitigation: Project focuses on reduction or avoidance of CO2e
- Climate Adaptation: Project is helping people adapt to the impacts of climate change
- Protection & Conservation: Project is about land- and ocean-based interventions to conserve biodiversity and ecosystems, at scales from global to local communities and Indigenous peoples.
- Each Geo for Good Impact Awardee will receive the following to recognize their achievement:
- Digital Award Certificate
- Public mention on select Google Earth channels (e.g. Website/Youtube/Twitter)
- Digital Badge
- To be eligible for a Geo for Good Impact Award, your project must:
- Be completed or on-going and have produced tangible impacts
- Focus on Carbon Mitigation, Climate Adaptation or Nature Conservation themes
- Use at least 1 Google mapping tool (Google Earth, Google Earth Engine, My Maps, Maps Platform API)
- Individuals can nominate a project on their organization’s behalf if:
- Individual is employed by organization or Individual has secured explicit permissions to nominate the organization
- Organization is a legally registered entity (doesn’t matter if it is a non-profit, commercial or government entity)
- Organization is not located or carrying out activities in US Sanctioned and Embargoed Countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, and Crimea)
For more information, visit Google.