The International River Foundation is seeking nominations for the 2021 Thiess International Riverprize, the Thiess International Riverprize (the Riverprize) is the world’s most prestigious environmental award, bringing recognition to organisations (or groups of organisations) who have achieved remarkable outcomes for rivers, river basins and their communities.
The Riverprize is awarded every two years at the Riverprize Gala Dinner, as part of the International Riversymposium in Brisbane, Australia.
The Thiess International Riverprize is generously supported by the Bert & Vera Thiess Foundation as a legacy and recognition of the long-term efforts of the late Bert and Vera Thiess to encourage sustainable management of the world’s rivers.
The International RiverFoundation (IRF) is a not-for-profit organisation that envisions a future in which people and ecosystems benefit from sustainably managed and resilient rivers. The IRF builds river leadership and strong networks for the restoration, protection, sustainable management and resilience of the world’s rivers. IRF awards the Thiess International Riverprize every two years.
- An emphasis on long term commitment
- Collaboration and partnerships
- Equality, diversity, and inclusiveness
- A holistic and integrated approach to planning, evaluation, and monitoring
- A very clear vision
- Organisations, or groups of organisations, responsible for their river and involved in river management, restoration and/or protection can enter. Applications are invited from any river, lake, or wetland, that has demonstrated outstanding achievements in the last two years (although work may have been commenced earlier).
- The size of your organisation, budget or project is not a barrier to winning; it’s the integration of programs, innovations used and most critically, the judges are looking for the achievements demonstrated towards maintained or improved river ecosystem health.
For more information, visit https://riverfoundation.org.au/our-programs/riverprize/international-riverprize-2021/