The Built by Nature has announced a global prize to recognise innovation and stimulate scalability in the use of biobased materials such as timber, bamboo, hemp, straw, algae and fungi in construction.
The Built by Nature is calling on you to help redefine sustainable building and regenerative cities to create places that are truly fit for future generations.
The Built by Nature Prize is the first global prize designed to find and highlight market-ready innovations in biobased construction materials, including innovative timber solutions, that demonstrate powerful potential for rapid carbon emissions reduction and positive outcomes for nature and local communities.
The Built by Nature Prize aims to identify and attract biobased construction material manufacturers and their market-ready innovations from all regions and help those producers overcome barriers to mainstream market entry.
Built by Nature is offering this prize for two main reasons:
- To inspire decision-makers around the world with the range of biobased construction materials emerging in the market
- To understand the different barriers that innovators face so they can help overcome them
- This is your chance to be part of a global change story and a growing movement to advance a range of positive impacts for the planet and people. Seize the opportunity for recognition, collaboration, learning and inspiration by joining an international community committed to creating a built environment that works in unison with nature.
- Seize the chance to win a grand prize of €250,000, part of a total prize fund of €500,000.
- Gain valuable exposure and storytelling opportunities as one of up to 20 semi-finalists.
- Connect with an international frontrunner network for mentoring, access to potential investors and new markets.
What responsibility will BbN expect when granting the prize?
- With accepting the prize, the Recipient agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Grantor, directors, and employees from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising and notify BbN immediately of any claim or action.
- To qualify for the BbN prize, applicants must have:
- A legally incorporated organisation that is operational
- A biobased material solution intended primarily for the built environment
- Piloted their solution or have it already accessible in the market
- Not yet reached a scaling up phase (yearly revenue is not yet above EUR 1 million)
- The prize is global and any organisation, regardless of location, can apply. However, you do need to be legally able to accept funding from abroad, next to a handful of other essential criteria. These criteria are provided in the first part of the application.
For more information, visit Built by Nature.