OceanHub Africa is launching the second cohort of its six-month online acceleration program to support up to six of Africa’s most promising impact-for-profit startups focused on preserving and restoring the health of the ocean.
The accelerator is on a mission to support ocean-minded start-ups with the express aim of nurturing an environmentally conscious and profitable economy that effectively mitigates the effects of global warming as well as the overexploitation and pollution of the oceans. Leveraging its highly qualified network of stakeholders and facilitators, it will deliver to the accelerated start-ups a program that seeks out sustainable pathways yielding stable profits (ROIs) and avenues for scalable growth throughout Africa.
What you can expect?
Become part of OceanHub Africa portfolio will allow you to:
- Unlock a network of leading ocean experts, mentors (entrepreneurs, investors, innovation experts, impact experts, scientists, lawyers, etc.), impact investors and potential clients.
- Get support to fast-track your growth by acquiring new customers or running your first Proof of Concept, and scaling your business through commercial contracts and fund raisers.
What do they offer?
- Service Package
- Up to $25k worth of cloud service thanks to partner AWS Activate.
- Free access to IoT prototyping thanks to partner SigFox (Sqwidnet).
- Over $40k worth of mechanical engineering design software licences for prototyping and virtual testing, thanks to partner 3DExperience Lab.
- Access to Dassault Systèmes, Amazon Web Services and SigFox international marketplaces and/or sales force for finished products of accelerated startups.
- Advisory sessions with Cullinans & Associates (international environmental law firm), BVPG (commercial and transactional law), Blue Oceans Partners (ocean impact Venture Capitalist fund), Ocean14 Capital (ocean impact Private Equity fund), WWF-SA, Dept of Oceanography University of Cape Town, EuroSIMA (oceantech experts) and more!
- Mentorship & Support
- Hands-on mentorship from the team of mentors.
- Tailored business skills and personal development 1 to 1 training.
- Sales, administrative and HR support.
- Access to their network of scientific, business, impact and investment experts from international corporations, foundations, universities and IGOs.
- Access to networking events and conferences, including a stand and stage time at the Ocean Innovation Africa annual summit.
- Access to potential clients (market leads) for local and international expansion.
- Access to their international network of ocean-impact incubators/accelerators to scale overseas.
- Access to key external partners.
- Fund-Raising Support
- Support in preparing and running investor pitches, including training sessions with investors directly.
- Support in structuring deals, including reviews by transactional and commercial lawyers.
- Access to a large portfolio of impact investors part of their ecosystems (inc. Blue Ocean Partners, Ocean14 Capital, Finca Ventures, HAVAIC, Sky Ventures, AquaSpark, Fynd Ventures, Athelia … …) as well as corporate venture capitalist funds.
- Your start-up is ocean-minded: it has a direct or indirect positive impact on the oceans (addressing climate change, pollution or overexploitation of the ocean).
- You are for-profit and operate in Africa.
- You have a scalable service or product available on the market or soon to be available on the market.
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is disruptive.
- You are looking for investments or new markets.
- Impact & vision
- Positive impact on the oceans;
- Aligned vision with OceanHub Africa.
- Business model
- Market & traction;
- Commercial value;
- Strategy for growth & scalability.
- Expertise and background;
- Ambition and passion.
For more information, visit https://www.oceanhub.africa/application/