The SEED Starter invites applications from teams (2 to 5 members per team) who develop green and inclusive business solutions to key social and environmental challenges in Indonesia. Selected teams will receive support on turning their business idea into reality.
The SEED Starter promotes the incubation of new eco-inclusive enterprises. Setting up a business is both an exciting and challenging task. Turning an idea into a product or service customers actually want to buy requires not only a deep dive into the market but also business skills and bringing together the right team and partners. Considering all aspects can be challenging. Therefore, SEED supports young teams of entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas through the SEED Starter programme.
The SEED Starter programme in 2020 is sponsored by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
Why should you apply?
Selected teams will:
- Receive a free entry for the business model DESIGN (3 days) & REFINE (2 days) workshops;
- Access expert guidance & tailored support to turn your business idea into a reality;
- Apply the SEED Starter Toolkit that contains different business tools and step-by-step guidelines to develop your business idea;
- Benefit from free mentorship support during the TEST phase to try out your business idea;
- Network and share peer-learning opportunity with like-minded entrepreneurs;
- Be eligible to apply for a SEED Grant after successfully completing the SEED Starter workshops.
How does it work?
- During the application period for the SEED Starter programme, future entrepreneurs with their team members (2 to 5 members per team) come up with a business idea to tackle main challenges in their country. During the SEED Starter programme, the selected teams will develop and refine their business ideas under the guidance of experts.
- Participation in all workshops is free of cost. Please note that participants must pay for their own transport and accommodation costs. The workshops will take place in Bogor, Indonesia.
SEED was founded at the 2002 World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg by UN Environment, UNDP and IUCN as a global partnership for action on sustainable development and the green economy. SEED is based on the understanding that the promotion of social and environmental entrepreneurship is pivotal for environmentally friendly and socially inclusive development and poverty reduction.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2T26UH6