Applications are now open for the Ocean Startup Challenge which is designed to support innovators who are developing technologies that can be applied to large ocean problems.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Ocean Startup Challenge encourages individual or team applications from innovators of any gender, entrepreneurial Indigenous Peoples, and companies that have been in business for under five years and have fewer than 15 employees.
- Innovators, entrepreneurs and companies from across Canada and around the world may apply for the Challenge, but winners must register as a business in Atlantic Canada before funds will be released.
- Applicants from an existing company must be the majority owners of the company.
- Pain & Solution: Description and quantification of the market problem/pain, uniqueness and significance of product, stage of development, proprietary position
- People: Tea, background and entrepreneurial track record of key individuals, ability to execute, commitment to venture
- Competition: High barrier to competitive entry
- Market: Large, growing international market
- Execution: Credible plan to reach key milestones
For more information, visit https://www.oceanstartupchallenge.ca/