UpLink has launched a call for applications for the Trillion Trees Challenge 2020.
The Trillion Trees Challenge, is a global call for solutions, initiatives, fresh perspectives and ideas to help meet the Trillion Trees goal.
By submitting your solutions through this challenge, you will have the opportunity to:
- Amplify your voice and action through the World Economic Forum’s media and community platform
- Pitch your project to leading experts, investors, corporate leaders and policymakers at the World Economic Forum’s Sustainable Development Impact Summit in September 2020.
- Become part of the 1t.org global community.
The challenge will focus on five topical areas, where progress is critical to meet the Trillion Trees goal, identified in partnership with leading global restoration experts. You can submit your solution and/or perspective to any of the following five themes:
- Mass Mobilisation
- Reaching Scale
- Greening Cities
- Building a Forest Economy
- 4IR Technologies for Trees
The Trillion Trees Challenge will be run via UpLink, from July to September 2020.
- Phase 1: Registration and submission (July)
- Your journey starts with creating your profile and getting acquainted with UpLink. You will then submit your solution(s) to address the Trillion Trees Challenge and share it with your networks to garner support and endorsement. You can also invite fellow changemakers and entrepreneurs to join the challenge.
- For a smooth start to the process, please take a moment to read the UpLink onboarding guide, which includes all the information you need to successfully register and submit your contribution. You can also join one of the virtual onboarding sessions happening from late June to early July.
- Phase 2: Selection and mentoring (August)
- Once you have submitted your contribution, the UpLink Curation Team will carefully vet and qualify it. At this stage, you may be contacted to provide additional information in order to move through.
- Vetted solutions will be further reviewed by experts from the 1t.org community to select 20 semi-finalists to take part in a live pitch competition with fellow UpLink participants, experts and investors.
- The 20 semi-finalists will receive additional mentoring support from the UpLink community of experts, investors, fellow entrepreneurs and activists to refine their final pitch based on feedback received from expert reviews.
- Phase 3: Pitch competitions (September)
- The semi-final Virtual Pitch Competition will be held in early September. Live voting after the peer-reviewed pitch presentations will narrow the field to 10 finalists.
- The finalists will be featured in a final pitch competition during the World Economic Forum’s Sustainable Development Impact Summit in mid-September. Finalists will present their solutions in front of a panel of prominent judges and five winners will be selected.
For more information, visit https://uplink.weforum.org/uplink/s/uplink-issue/a002o00000vOf09AAC/trillion-trees