The State Environmental Fund of the Czech Republic has announced a Call for proposals “Stavanger” on the implementation of selected adaptation/mitigation measures close to nature and air quality protection measures.
- Area no. 2 – air protection – implementation of selected measures identified in action plans for air protection
- Within the framework of the Call-2A “Tromso”, the Programme supported the implementation of air quality monitoring and the creation of action plans in municipalities and regions. The “Stavanger” call for the area no. 2 follows on from this call and offers support for the implementation of selected green measures aimed at reducing air pollution. Measures that are identified in adopted action plans or measures that can be documented by the applicant as being in accordance with the action plan being prepared, which will be adopted in the given territory in the future, can be supported.
- Area no. 4 – adaptation to the signs of climate change at the local and regional level
- Within the framework of the Call SGS-3 “Oslo”, the Programme supported the creation of several dozens adaptation strategies for regions and municipalities. The “Stavanger” call for area no. 4 follows on this call and the goal is to support the implementation of partial specific green and blue adaptation and mitigation measures for municipalities and regions identified in these adaptation strategies. Measures based on other adaptation strategies of cities, municipalities or regions can also be supported, if the conditions of support are met, and only on the condition that the allocation of the call was not committed into the implementation of measures identified in the adaptation strategies supported within the Call SGS-3 “Oslo”.
- Maximum project grant rate may be up to 90 % of eligible expenditure of the project, whereas the amount of grant assistance applied for one project is:
- Area no. 2 – shall not be less 5,000,000 CZK (200,000 EUR) and not more than 18,750,000 CZK (750,000 EUR) according to the exchange rate settled for this call19. The project promoter will provide co-financing of at least 10 % of the total eligible project expenditure.
- Area no. 4 – shall not be less 5,000,000 CZK (200,000 EUR) and not more than 25,000,000 CZK (1,000,000 EUR) according to the exchange rate settled for this call20. The project promoter will provide co-financing of at least 10 % of the total eligible project expenditure.
Eligible Projects and Activities
- Supported activities within the framework of the “Stavanger” call from the Programme are:
- The implementation of selected green measures that have a demonstrable positive effect on air quality and that have been identified in the action plans for air protection. The call is announced as a follow-up to the Call-2A Tromso. For this reason, only applications that refer to action plans financed from the funds of the Call-2A Tromso will be supported in the evaluation. In the case that this action plan has not yet been approved, the applicant shall submit a declaration from the recipients of support in the Call-2A Tromso call, confirming that the presented project is in accordance with the measurement results and the prepared action plan. The applicant shall also provide evidence of the agreement with the municipality that this action plan will be discussed and accepted on its territory after its completion.
- Implementation of selected adaptation and mitigation measures close to nature, that were identified in the adopted strategic documents establishing a long-term approach to problems related to climate change3. For the purposes of the challenge, this type of document is referred to collectively as a so-called adaptation strategy. The call is announced as a follow-up to the Call SGS-3 Oslo. For this reason, priority will be given to applications that refer to adaptation strategies funded by the Call SGS-3 Oslo. Projects that are not based on the outputs of the SGS-3 Oslo call can also apply for the remaining allocation, if their measures are clearly identified in other adopted climate strategies. Only green and blue measures implemented in municipalities and in open countryside are supported.
- In the case of supported activities, the climate strategy/action plan must be adopted by the authority that decides on its application in the given locality, no later than on the day of signing the project contract between the beneficiary and the State Environmental Fund of the Czech Republic. In the case that the document is not accepted by this deadline, the SEF will not conclude the project contract. In the case of action plans for air protection, it is possible to proceed by documenting the above-mentioned declaration, again no later than the date of signing the contract between the applicant and SEF.
- Any entity, public or private, commercial or non-commercial and non-governmental organisations, established as a legal person on the territory of the Czech Republic are considered eligible project promoters under the Call “Stavanger” from the Programme. This project promoter shall not be in bankruptcy, liquidation, has no overdue liabilities to state and public budgets, tax arrears and it is not a business company in which a public official2 or a person controlled by him owns a share representing at least 25% of the shareholder´s participation in the business company. This also applies to their project partners, which shall be entities established as a legal person either in Norway, the Czech Republic or another beneficiary state or any international organisation or body or agency thereof, actively involved in and effectively contributing to the implementation of the project. Partnership with foreign entities (mainly from Norway) is not obligatory for the implementation of the project, but with regard to the possibility of sharing experience and good practice, such partnerships are encouraged.
- In the case of the existence of a partnership in the implementation of the project, the mandatory annex to the application is the Partnership Agreement, its proposal or notification of the intention to cooperate (Letter of Intent). The final Partnership Agreement must be submitted to the SEF no later than in the phase before signing the contract with the SEF. The Partnership Agreement must specify at least the following particulars
- Provisions on the roles and responsibilities of the parties;
- Provisions on the financial arrangements between the parties, including, but not limited to, which expenditure the project partners can get reimbursed from the project budget;
- Provisions on the method of calculating indirect costs and their maximum amount;
- Currency exchange rules for such expenditure and its reimbursement;
- Provisions on audits on the project partners;
- a detailed budget;
- Provisions on dispute resolution;
- And other provisions relating to the implementation and administration of the project, including the condition of archiving accounting documents.
For more information, visit https://eeagrants.org/currently-available-funding/cz-environment-stavanger