Are you seeking an opportunity for you and your organization to build skills, access tools, and grow your base of supporters to achieve crowdfunding success? Well, here’s The Global Giving Accelerator – a virtual training program and crowdfunding campaign that will help you take your fundraising to the next level.
The Accelerator is typically a three-week fundraising campaign where the goal is to raise $5,000 USD from 40 unique donors. If you reach these thresholds, you are considered an Accelerator graduate, which means you’re eligible for permanent partnership on Global Giving.
When you graduate, your organization becomes a permanent member of Global Giving, and you’ll have access to all the tools, training, and one-on-one support available in the Global Giving community.
Training Topics Include:
- Crowdfunding 101;
- Mapping your potential donor network;
- Storytelling and email appeals; and
- Creating SMART goals.
Win Extra Funding from Global Giving!
- Bonus Day: During the 24-hour Bonus Day, all Accelerator participants will compete for a share of Global Giving’s $20,000 Incentive Fund and two $1,000 bonus prizes. The more you rise on Bonus Day, the more you win of the Incentive Fund!
- Overall Prizes: At the end of the Accelerator, prizes will be awarded to the top three organizations in the following categories: Most Funds Raised, Most Unique Donors, and Most Recurring/Monthly Donors.
- Recurring/Monthly Donor Incentives: More information will be shared about all the ways you can win extra funding from Global Giving during the Accelerator once your application is approved!
Benefits for Graduates
Organizations that successfully complete the Global Giving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- Permanent membership in the Global Giving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors;
- Inclusion in a Global Giving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates;
- A custom media kit to help promote your accomplishment;
- A certificate of completion from Global Giving;
- Additional promotional opportunities, including through Global Giving’s social media or homepage, for top-performers.
- Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply. GlobalGiving support you as you reach out to your own networks, and tell your story in new and compelling ways.
- Donors can give in USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, and AUD, helping you reach your supporters in the US, the UK, and beyond. They’ll also provide matching incentives for your donors, and bonus prizes for the most successful participants.
What are the benefits of becoming a GlobalGiving partner?
GlobalGiving has a complete list of benefits for you:
- 10+ fundraising campaigns per year designed exclusively for you:
- A sense of urgency motivates donors to give. Participate in their time-bound campaigns to motivate your donors, increase your visibility on the GlobalGiving platform, and earn extra funding through special perks including bonus prizes and matching offers. In 2018, GlobalGiving drove nearly $18 million in extra funding to their partners, just for being an engaged member of the GlobalGiving community!
- Donor Management Tools for you to build relationships with your donors:
- Fundraising is about relationships. GlobalGiving makes it easy for you to thank your donors and keep them up to date on the amazing work you do. Received a donation to your GlobalGiving project? Great! You’ll see it in your Donation Manager and can send a personalized thank you note to your donor immediately. Eager to update all of your donors about your project? That’s what project reports are for!
- Your donors receive project reports via email but they are also posted to your project page for future donors to read. They even offer donors the option to fundraise directly for your project through fundraiser pages. If one of your donors is running a marathon or celebrating their birthday, they can use GlobalGiving’s fundraising tool to fundraise on behalf of your organization.
- Fundraising training and resources:
- Their goal is to help you become a better fundraiser. From online fundraising academies to peer-led training webinars, they provide multiple opportunities for you to expand your fundraising toolkit and make the most of your GlobalGiving partnership.
- They want to be part of your team and also provide one-on-one support to help you achieve your fundraising goals.
US and UK Donor Tax Benefits:
- Regardless of where your organization is based, donors based in the US and UK receive tax benefits when they donate on GlobalGiving.
For more information, visit https://www.globalgiving.org/accelerator/