The Political Education Academy is organized by the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) Cambodia with the support of the partner, Politikoffee. KAS recognizes youth as a positive force for transformative positive social changes and aims to enhance their participation in Cambodian politics.
The political participation of young people needs to be meaningful and effective, going beyond token gestures. This requires that young people have a fundamental knowledge of politics and leadership skills, as well as a strong connection between each other in order to be able to share experiences, build trust in a polarized political environment, collaborate and support each other. Through the annual “Political Education Academy”, launching for the first time in spring 2019, this year 2020 they aim to continue supporting the active participation of youth in political processes and empower the next generation of political, governmental, and civil society leaders.
The Political Education Academy (PEA) seeks to enhance the political participation of young people in Cambodia with the aim to empower them to be the driving force for a positive social change and to be the next generation of political, governmental, and civil society leaders for the country. To this end, the academy is particularly seeking to attract participation from Cambodian young people who are keen on engaging in the field of politics and sociality.
This academy will last for 4 days (September 24th-27th, 2020) at Kirirom National Park, Kompong Speu Province and will gather political-interested youths from different spheres and institutions to learn, discuss, analyze, and reflect the matter of politics within the selected themes in general and in Cambodia context, as well as to transform those politics and social-related ideas into an implementable project which will benefit Cambodian society as a whole.
What PEA aims:
- To boost participation and empower young people in Cambodian political processes
- To promote an open and friendly environment for political and social discussion among Cambodian young people
- To expand a network of and establish a dialogue among high potential and politically interested youth from different political perspectives
- To enable youths to transform their ideas and willingness into an input for a better social and political environment in the country
What You can Benefits:
- 4-days learning and engaging and a life-time network building with experts and other participants with different background and experiences in the socio-political field
- Skill improvement: critical thinking, communication, debate, project implementation, etc.
- Knowledge improvement: politics in general and in the Cambodian context, governance, etc,
- A chance to implement own project with the support from KAS
- A certificate after the successful completion of the Academy
- Participation in the Academy is free of charge. KAS will cover all costs related to participation in the Academy. In addition, the participants will be provided with relevant document kits during the Academy.
The academy will involve 15-20 Cambodian young individuals who are:
- Politically interested, socially engaged and who ideally have the goal to be part of Cambodian politics in the future
- Strongly motivated and committed to being part of the 4-days academy
- Members of political parties, civil society activists, civil servants, members of the community and the municipal council or senior university students
For more information, visit https://www.kas.de/en/web/kambodscha/veranstaltungen/detail/-/content/political-education-academy-2020