Deadline: 17 June 2016
The Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) is currently inviting applicants for its 2016-17 Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS).
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the developing countries into India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian R&D/academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
- To facilitate exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and other developing countries and create a network for building research collaborations
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Earth Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
- Multi-disciplinary and Other Areas
- Round trip international airfare by excursion/economy class and by shortest route from the international airport in the home country to the international airport nearest to the host institution.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 35,000 [about US$525 at the current exchange rate] per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous expenses.
- One-time grant of INR 30,000 [about US$450 at the current exchange rate] for research contingency expenses and domestic travel for airport transfers and visiting research institutions, attending scientific /events and field-trips within India.
- The NAM S&T Centre invites applications from the eligible researchers of the developing countries
- Applicant should possess at least a Post Graduate Degree in any Natural Science subject or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working in a national R&D or academic institution in his/her home country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/her institution confirming that if selected, he/she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 40 years as on 1st January 2016.
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals in a prescribed format via given website.
For more information, please visit 2016-17 RTF-DCS Fellowships.