The United States Embassy in Suva is inviting applications for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for academic year 2021-2022 from resident nationals of Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga and Tuvalu.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Humphrey Fellowship provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. These prestigious Fellowships are offered to mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent graduate-level learning at a leading U.S. university for up to twelve months.
For successful applicants, the program begins with an intensive orientation in Washington, D.C., and includes participation in a professional development internship for at least six weeks with local, state, national or international organizations located in the United States after the academic segment of the program.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Fellowship provides for international travel, travel within the U.S. as required, tuition and fees, books, a monthly maintenance stipend, and limited funds for professional development activities such as attendance at conferences, field trips and professional affiliations.
Eligible Fields of Study
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Sustainable Development
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Natural Resources, Environmental and Climate Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Democratic Institution Building
- Communications and Journalism
- Law and Human Rights
- International Religious Freedom
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment (see note below)
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- an undergraduate (first university) degree;
- a minimum of six years of substantial professional experience;
- limited or no prior experience in the United States;
- demonstrated leadership qualities;
- a record of public service in the community; and
- strong written and spoken English skills.
For more information, visit https://fj.usembassy.gov/education-culture/study-usa/hubert-humphrey/
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.