The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program competition for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar program is a non-degree research program funded through the U.S. Department of State for junior and senior researchers and university professors. Scholarships are available in all scientific fields to enable individuals to conduct research or lecture at an American university. It enables academic professionals from around the world to come to the United States and establish professional contacts in their scientific fields, work on academic publications, and forge lasting friendships with fellow researchers in the United States. By conducting research and pursuing other endeavors of scientific interest in a completely different environment, researchers return to their countries of origin scientifically and professionally invigorated.
The scholarship includes:
- A roundtrip international travel to the United States;
- a monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities,
- A pre-university orientation program;
- Accident and sickness insurance not including pre-existing conditions or pregnancy;
- Allowance for field trips required by the program;
- Academic training.
Applicants must demonstrate their ability to contribute to a complete and faithful image of the culture of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), and thus contribute to the mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and the DRC. They must also show intercultural flexibility necessary to successfully adapt to life in the United States. Priority consideration is given to applicants with limited exposure to the U.S. in the past; applicants with a long stay in the United States in the past five years are not eligible to apply.
- Be a Congolese citizen
- Possess English proficiency. A TOEFL test is required
- Hold a doctorate level degree or the equivalent level training or professional experience
- Demonstrate leadership and potential for advancement in their profession
- For professionals and artists working outside the academic field, have recognized professional experience and significant professional achievement, as well as a detailed statement of the proposed activity plan at an American institution
- Include a research project aimed at contributing to the advancement of knowledge in your field, that can be effectively studied within three to 12 months in the United States.
- Master appropriately the proposed teaching and / or research project to be carried out in the United States, IN ENGLISH.
For more information, visit https://cd.usembassy.gov/education-culture/fulbright-visiting-scholar-program/