Applications are now open for the Al Jazeera Fellowship Program to encourage research in media and other fields of journalism, as well as to provide fellows with the opportunity to learn through practical experience within the Al Jazeera Media Network (AJMN).
- To contribute to the development of high-quality journalism in the Global South and to help journalists to adapt to modern technologies.
- To encourage innovation and research.
- To enrich journalistic content in the Global South.
- To provide an opportunity for journalists and researchers to be immersed in AJMN’s work culture and environment, and to learn about its journalistic practices.
Priority will be given to projects focusing on digital journalism in the Arab world, in the following categories:
- Digital journalism.
- Journalism types.
- Journalistic ethics.
- Media and democracy.
- Challenges facing media organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Full-time journalist or researcher (freelancer or employed).
- At least four years of professional experience in journalism or research, relevant to journalistic and/or media fields.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- In order to apply for the Fellowship, applicants must have a proper grasp of English academic writing.
- The Al Jazeera Fellowship in English is only open to those from non-Arab countries.
- Both fellowship programmes offer positions for Arabic native speakers and non-Arabic speakers. For Arabic native speakers, having a working knowledge of English will be considered as an advantage. Non-Arabic speakers must be fluent in English.
For more information, visit https://institute.aljazeera.net/en/fellowship