The Al Sharq International Fellowship is now open for applications to empower passionate and high-potential youth committed to public service, civil society, and community engagement.
The Al Sharq International Fellowship is a 9-months capacity-building program that brings together a network of 35 participants from around the world to become effective change agents committed to informed action.
The program equips fellows with strategic skills and core competencies to lead positive change, elevate their knowledge capacity and wisdom, and connect them regionally and globally to amplify their impact.
After completing and passing the program, fellows will have the chance to join Al Sharq Youth’s Alumni Community, which will give them access to the network’s full range of special events, resources and opportunities.
Thei approach to the program is distinct in its integrated nature. The program is designed to engage you with the fundamental ideas that shape their understanding of the world, expose you to the systemic structures that run it, and equip you with the skills and competencies to act on the complex challenges of their time.
Why should you join them?
- Holistic Learning Approach: The program is an integrated, structured, and future-focused learning experience that helps fellows develop and elevate their ethical, social, intellectual, and cognitive competence.
- Global Exposure and International Experience: Fellows will be able to connect and engage with an international network of young leaders, activists, and change agents throughout the fellowship cohort and by participating in physical retreats.
- Exclusive Access to High Caliber Networks: The program provides access to high-caliber professional mentorship and coaching opportunities to cultivate the fellow’s high potential and expand their mentors’ networks.
- Strategic Capacity Building: The program’s curriculum is challenging, comprehensive, and creative. It is designed to upgrade the fellows’ abilities and equip them with the necessary skills, tools, and knowledge to produce intellectual wisdom, develop leadership character and achieve a positive impact.
- Impact-Driven Capstone Project: A culminating interdisciplinary project where fellows can apply their knowledge and skills in a real-world context using various approaches. It is an opportunity to put their training into practice and achieve impact.
A fellow must have/be:
- A valid passport
- Age: Between 22-35.
- Language: Excellent command in English Language is required along with minimum understanding of the country of residence’s language.
- Professional: Enrollment in post-secondary or graduate study program, or a professional with work experience.
- Time Commitment: Able to commit for 10 hours per week throughout the program and engage in its various activities.
- Public Service: Proven commitment to public and community service through civic initiatives, and involvement in social projects.
- Leadership: Proven community leadership potential through civic engagement and volunteering track-record.
- Value Driven: Proven commitment to the values of Al Sharq Youth.
To successfully complete the Fellowship Program, the fellow is expected to:
- Commit between 8-10 hours weekly for the full program duration.
- Complete no less than 70% of the virtual learning content is a must.
- Successfully complete the program’s assignments and projects.
- Attend and participate in the in-person international retreat.
- Attend at least one Mentorship session monthly.
Note: participants who fail to engage above a certain threshold, and are unable to commit, will be excluded from the program.
For more information, visit Al Sharq Youth.