Deadline: 24 October 2016
In this program, volunteers engage in cross-cultural dialogue and cultivate technical skills including grassroots organizing, community engagement, and leadership development.
America Solidaria is an international non-profit organization that works to overcome childhood poverty throughout the Americas, placing international fellows in local nonprofit organizations to serve for a year in capacity-building projects focused on education, health, and economic development.
- Assistance with travel to and from country of service
- Visa expenses
- Placement at a host organization
- Housing and monthly living stipend (adequate to support a modest lifestyle for one person based on the local cost of living)
- Health insurance
- Alumni network throughout the Americas
- Out-of-country two week orientation that provides cross-cultural, technical, health, and safety skills training
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants must be 35 years or younger
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Applicants must possess professional experience in the NGO/nonprofit/social or public sector
- Applicants must demonstrate Spanish language ability through online interviews
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership and collaborative skills
- Volunteers are expected to participate full-time during the service-year fellowship
- Volunteers may not incur any outside obligations which might interfere with attending the orientation and other program activities
- Volunteers may not perform political or religious advocacy during the course of their fellowship
- Volunteers may not receive pay for serving in participating organizations during the course of their fellowship
- Volunteers may not hold any paid position that will interfere with their full participation in the fellowship program
- Volunteers are expected to conform to the same professional standards as paid staff members
- The US Office will process applications from Canada and Mexico for service in Latin America. Mexicans will be able to apply in Spanish.
- Knowledge of French/Creole would be an asset for Haiti, in addition to Spanish proficiency.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit this link.