The Flywire Charitable Foundation is pleased to announce a Fourth Annual Scholarship Program that aims to improve equality, access and affordability for underrepresented individuals and communities.
Flywire doubles the number of scholarships granted to help a wider pool of international students manage costs associated with higher education.
The Flywire Charitable Foundation 2023 scholarships are available to students studying in the following academic fields:
- Social Justice
- The Social Justice Scholarship honors students who are passionate about addressing systemic inequalities and promoting social justice. As social justice issues, including but not limited to: policing, anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, religious persecution, sexism, racism and sexual violence continue to dominate the world news, the need for significant social justice reform has only increased. These scholarships will be awarded to tomorrow’s leaders who are committed to eradicating racism, violence, systemic biases and other acts of intolerance.
- Global Health
- The Global Health Scholarship recognizes students who are committed to promoting health and wellbeing on a global scale. It aims to support students who are dedicated to addressing health disparities and improving access to healthcare in underprivileged communities. Recipients of this scholarship are expected to use their education and skills to advance the cause of global health and promote healthcare equity. They may also be expected to engage in research and advocacy to address global health challenges and develop innovative solutions to improve health outcomes around the world.
- Global Citizenship
- The Global Citizenship Scholarship recognizes students who are committed to promoting global citizenship and cultural understanding around the world. As global conflicts have escalated across the world stage, it is now more important than ever to elevate humanity when addressing challenges across social, political, and economic issues. Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who work to break down cultural barriers and promote mutual respect and understanding among people from diverse backgrounds in their communities and the world.
- Environmental Sustainability
- The Environmental Sustainability scholarship recognizes students who work to protect the environment and pioneer sustainability initiatives. One of the critical resources that they have is a healthy planet, yet the ongoing threats to environmental health continue to endanger their livelihood. Scholarships in this category will be awarded to students who are actively working to reduce the environmental impact of human-made activities and preserving Earth’s natural resources for all future generations.
- For the 2023 academic year, sixteen total scholarships of $5,000 USD each will be awarded.
- The scholarships are open to undergraduate students in all majors
- Applicants must be enrolled for the 2023 Fall term. Funds cannot be deferred for future terms.
- Each student can only apply to one of the four scholarship categories.
- The applicant’s higher education institution must located in one of the following countries: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Republic of, Kuwait, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, British Virgin Islands.
- A select committee of Flywire Charitable Foundation members and diverse global Flywire employees will review each application individually. The criteria used in the selection process are:
- Adherence to Prompt:
- The applicant meets all requirements, clearly addresses the questions posed by Flywire, and demonstrates how their studies relate to the scholarship they have selected.
- The applicant provides a clear overview of their personality, interests and values and shows evidence of determination and resilience when faced with obstacles.
- The applicant describes their personal, academic and/or career goals and indicates how their educational pursuits are helping them achieve stated goals.
- Adherence to Prompt:
For more information, visit Fourth Annual Scholarship Program.