Deadline: 20 May 2016
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, is currently accepting applications for its 2016 Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) Professional Fellows Program, to be held in October – November 2016.
YLAI Professional Fellows will build networks, linkages and lasting partnerships to attract investments and support for their entrepreneurial ventures.
- J-1 visa support.
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to the United States and all required program travel.
- YLAI Entrepreneurship Institute training and courses.
- Program opening in Dallas and summit in Washington, D.C.
- Four-week professional development experience.
- Accident and sickness medical coverage.
- Housing and meals throughout the program.
To be eligible, applicants must ensure they:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 35 on the start date of the YLAI Professional Fellows Program.
- Are a resident and citizen of one of the participating countries (mentioned below).
- Are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa.
- Have at least two (2) years of entrepreneurial/leadership experience, preferably with a startup business or social venture.
- Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Are not U.S. government employees.
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
- May-July 2016: Applications reviewed by the selection committee
- August 2016: Finalists and alternates notified
- August–September 2016: Pre-Departure Orientation and program preparation
- Early October 2016: YLAI U.S. Fellowship begins
- Mid-November 2016: YLAI U.S. Fellowship ends
- Spring 2017: U.S. Mentors travel to host countries
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela.
For more information, please visit YLAI Professional Fellowship.