Deadline: 31 May 2017
The ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic together with RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty (RFE/RL) is currently accepting applications for its 2017-2018 Václav Havel Journalism Fellowship with an aim to support aspiring journalists from countries lacking media freedom and independence to pursue their profession in support of pluralism.
The program will help prepare the selected Fellows to be standard-bearers of their profession and leaders in their communities, on-line, on air, and in the world.
The main components of the program are:
- Professional mentoring alongside RFE/RL’s seasoned professionals.
- Training and development of journalistic skills on traditional, multi-media, and digital platforms.
- Participation in the daily editorial discussions that inform a professional and independent press.
- Independent work on a personal project.
- Understanding of the mission and practice of a professional, free, and independent media.
Eligible applicants will:
- be from an Eastern Partnership country or the Russian Federation;
- have a minimum of two years experience working as a journalist in their native language;
- have a demonstrated commitment to journalism as a profession; and
- be proficient in English.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
- Personal statement
- 3 Work samples
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae, including current contact information
- Letter to Václav Havel
For more information, please visit Vaclav Havel Journalism Fellowship.