Deadline: 31 March 2017
The Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is seeking applications from women students or researchers for its 2017 International Fellowship Program to allow promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate /research institute etc. in Japan.
This program offers core funding to pursue their ongoing study/research at any of the host institutions in Japan.
- The amount of grant will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee.
- The duration of your stay in Japan and various other factors will be taken into consideration in deciding the total amount of grant.
- This grant is for 5 to 6 months between September 2017 and March 2018, depending on your proposal.
- Applicants must be a woman of any nationality but other than Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or must be a student/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent level (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level).
- Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority.
- Applicants have to find a host university or institution in Japan by yourself, and have to submit, at the time of application, a Letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding this matter.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Fellowship Program.