The Teach For India Fellowship is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising youth, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from low-income communities in under-resourced schools.
Through two years of teaching and working with key education stakeholders, our Fellows are exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets needed to attain positions of leadership in and beyond education, working collectively to build a vibrant movement for educational equity across India.
Teach For India Fellows commit two years, full-time, to providing their students with the opportunities that can put them on a different life path. The Fellowship journey is one of teaching and learning, of working for children while developing leadership. The Fellows are on a mission to end educational inequity for their children, and through this, they develop a long-term commitment to multiplying that impact as Alumni.
- Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 20,412 per month.
- If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs. 5,300 to Rs. 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
- In addition, Fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.
- The Fellows must possess skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, grit and have a high bar of expectations for themselves and others. They must demonstrate interpersonal skills through their interactions with various stakeholders, along with academic excellence.
- In Fellows, the program looks for leaders to join a movement towards educational equity. Aside from passion and commitment to the movement, we look for leadership potential that can develop through the two-year Fellowship.
- The program looks for diversity in our cohort. The Fellows come from across the world representing over 300 college campuses and companies, with varied life experiences, expertise and professional experiences. The cohorts include college graduates, working professionals, and entrepreneurs.
- In order to be eligible to apply to the Fellowship program, fellows must be an Indian Citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India, they must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree by June/July 2021, and this must be their first application to the 2021 cohort of the Teach For India Fellowship.
For more information, visit https://www.teachforindia.org/