Deadline: 10 July 2016
The East Asia Institute (EAI) based in Seoul, South Korea, is currently inviting applications for its Fellows Program on Peace, Governance, and Development in East Asia with an aim to provide opportunities for East Asia specialists in the area of social sciences, which include political science, international relations, sociology, public policy, and so forth, to conduct research and interact with scholars and students of the countries they visit.
The Program is designed to give the Fellows the flexibility required to bring out the best of their expertise in seminars and lectures. Fellows choose the subjects of their articles, seminars, and lectures within the broadly defined themes of peace, governance, and development in East Asia in order to make the visitation an integral part of their on-going research. Fellows are free to decide how they will divide their time among two or more Partner Institutions, giving a seminar and a lecture apiece at each of the sites chosen. The Partner Institutions are the East Asia Institute in Seoul, Fudan University in Shanghai, Keio University in Tokyo, National Taiwan University in Taipei, and Peking University in Beijing.
- Provide East Asia-specialized scholars with the opportunities to experience and enhance their understanding of the East Asian region, and encourage interdisciplinary research in the study of East Asia.
- Promote academic exchange and communication among scholars from both the East Asian and non-East Asian regions to build intellectual networks among East Asia specialists throughout the world.
- Educate students of East Asia through lectures and seminars.
The program provides funds ranging from USD 6,000 to 10,000 for each of the Fellows.
The grant covers an honorarium for the article, seminar, and lecture as well as the cost of ground transportation, round-trip economy-class international air flight, hotel accommodation, meals, and a per diem for a total of two-week (or three-week) stay in East Asia (see comments on the Brochure).
- Application is open to East Asia specialized scholars and experts from all over the world, conducting research in the fields of political science, international relations, and sociology.
- PhD or other corresponding qualification is required.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
- Application Form (4 pages)
- Project Proposal (5-10 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation, sent directly to the EAI by the individual referees
For more information, please visit EAI Fellows Program 2016-2017.