Deadline: 1 May 2017
The European Union Delegation to Canada and the Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) is inviting applicants for its “EU-Canada Young Journalist Fellowship” with an aim to recognize outstanding journalistic talent among young Canadians.
The EU-Canada Young Journalist Fellowship seeks to reinforce links between Europeans and Canadians and to raise awareness of the European Union among a new generation of Canadian students and journalists.
In order to be eligible, participants must be:
- Actively enrolled in a Canadian university/post-secondary institution or active in the field of journalism
- Between the ages 18-30
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
How to Apply
- Applicants must include:
- Sample of work
- Applicants are invited to submit a sample of their work, in English or French (recently published or unpublished), focusing on an issue of relevance pertaining to the European Union or European Union-Canada relations.
- In terms of format, the work may be either written (a news story or opinion piece of maximum 1,000 words, recently published or unpublished) or audio-visual (a report of up to 90 seconds duration, previously aired or not).
- The jury will pay particular attention to journalistic qualities and talent, including rigorous research and factual accuracy.
- Letter of motivation
- Applicants must write a letter of motivation clearly outlining specific topics they plan to write about during/upon return from Europe and where their work will appear (media outlet, social media, blog etc.)
- Winners will have complete editorial independence and, while the Delegation and the Canadian Association of Journalists will retain the right to publish/reproduce their work to promote the program in future years, applicants will maintain intellectual property rights of their work.
- The letter should also include the reasons for applying and the anticipated benefits to be derived from participation in the study trip.
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
- Sample of work
- Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Canada
For more information, please visit this link.