Deadline: 18 November 2019
Applications are now open for Professional Fellows Program – Advancing Women Agribusiness Entrepreneurs and Innovators hosted at Michigan State University (MSU) connects Ugandan, Tanzanian, and Kenyan agribusiness professionals and entrepreneurs with their counterparts in Michigan for knowledge exchange and capacity building.
The Program is recruiting young Tanzanian, Kenyan, and Ugandan professionals from diverse backgrounds in private, public, non-governmental, and education sectors who are either women agribusiness entrepreneurs or individuals working to increase women’s economic engagement in the agricultural sector.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Women entrepreneurs, social innovators, or small and medium business owners or managers and other leaders working in the agriculture and food sectors
- Individuals (of any gender) in civil society and NGOs working on programs that support women in the agriculture and food sectors in their respective countries
- Policymakers, ministry employees, and others in the public sector (of any gender) focused on supporting and improving opportunities for women in the agriculture or food sector
- Academic staff (of any gender) who are implementing programs to impact advancing women in the agriculture and food sectors
- 25-40 years old
- A citizen, national, or permanent resident of Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda
- Is living and working in Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda at the time of the application
- Speaks fluent English
- Has at least 2 years of professional/working experience in their field
- Has demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills and a commitment to community
- Has employer’s support for participating in the program (for those not self-employed). For those self-employed, has recommendation from local authorities at the district, county, and/or community levels
- Is interested in participating in a reciprocal program for American participants coming to their country
- Preference will be given to those who are in an earlier state of their careers
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously had the opportunity to travel to the US
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda
For more information, please visit https://aap.isp.msu.edu/engagement/news-activities/advancing-young-women-professional-fellows-program/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.