Practical skills meet moral imagination in this intensive year-long leadership development program designed to equip extraordinary individuals with the tools, mindset, and community to tackle poverty and injustice in their communities.
- Be a part of a lifelong fellowship that extends beyond your first year.
- Join a larger local and global community committed to a world beyond poverty and injustice.
- Find a support network of social innovators who are working to change the narrative in Colombia.
In the Fellowship Program You Will:
- Learn to catalyse and embrace the gradual and meaningful process of creating change at the personal, organisational, and societal levels
- Cultivate the ability to lead effectively when opposing but interdependent values are in tension
- Understand how to lead diverse stakeholders through recurring and complex challenges
- Develop the capacity to tell meaningful stories that speak across lines of difference and move others to action
- Examine your identities, values, and choices that have shaped your journey till now and cultivate a deeper understanding of yourself and your work in a broader context
- Explore the meaning of a just society and the moral and historical foundation of social change through text-based dialogue
- Navigate systemic problems and design more effective interventions using moral imagination
- Question your assumptions and beliefs about leading effective change
- Be supported and accompanied by a cohort of like-minded peers persevering in the process of driving social change
What makes a fellow?
Their fellows are extraordinary leaders who dare to embrace the difficult journey of social change. Here’s what they want from you—and what you can expect from your cohort.
- Entrepreneurs: Leaders of both for-profit and nonprofit organizations providing critical goods or services to the underserved.
- Intrapreneurs: Leaders who are bringing to life new initiatives or approaches within the organization. The focus is on designing, testing, incubating and implementing ideas that enable the organization to pursue its purpose.
- Organizational Builders: Leaders who play an integral role in building the organization. The focus is on building the internal blocks, systems & processes that enable the organization to pursue its purpose.
- Be a resident of Colombia, be of legal age and have more than 3 years of experience in the Social sector.
- Work at the service of excluded people and / or vulnerable population.
- Have the ability to read and write texts of medium complexity in Spanish; and basic handling of internet (WhatsApp, Facebook, Web page so that they can be an active part of the community).
- Live in a place with telephone and internet coverage (to be able to send them deliverables and actively participate in the learning community before face-to-face meetings).
- A leadership position in which change can influence (this does not imply hierarchy – being a boss – but influence level
For more information, visit https://acumenacademy.org/fellowship/colombia