Deadline: 6 July 2016
Wellcome Trust is currently inviting applications for its Research Fellowships with an aim to support humanities and social science scholars at all stages of their career but not in an established academic post, who wish to undertake a period of research in any area of human and animal health.
Strong preference is given to applicants with a good prospect of achieving an academic career in the field.
- The maximum duration is three years full-time equivalent.
- The awards are full-time but may be awarded on a part-time basis if a case can be made that personal circumstances require this.
- Fellowships provide research expenses and a salary, plus appropriate employer’s contributions.
- Applicants are eligible to apply if applicants are a postdoctoral scholar not in a tenured or otherwise long-term established post (employment on a rolling contract is regarded as tantamount to holding an established post), wishing to carry out an extended period of research on a specific project.
- Applicants will also be expected to have been awarded their PhD before applicants are eligible to apply. Applications from candidates who are still awaiting their viva by the time of the full application will not normally be accepted.
- Applications must be sponsored by an established and normally senior member of the department, unit or institute in which the award is to be held.
- Applicants must be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low-to-middle-income country.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply through online process via given website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Republic of Ireland, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza Yemen, Rep. Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Research Fellowships.