Application open for Generation Google Scholarship Program to help aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
The Generation Google Scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance.
The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and they strongly encourage students that identify with groups historically excluded from the technology industry, including Women, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, to apply. Applicants are not required to currently be enrolled in an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program for the 2021-2022 academic year to apply.
Recipients of one of the following Google Scholarships: Generation Google Scholarship, Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming, Generation Google Scholarship: for supply chain and fulfillment, Google Lime Scholarship, Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, and Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming are not eligible to reapply.
Selected students will receive $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2022-2023 school year.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
For more information, visit https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/generation-google-scholarship/