Deadline: 11 August 2019
Under the Investigative Reporting Initiative in the Americas (IRIA) project, International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), in partnership with Connectas, is inviting experienced investigative journalists to apply for the third round of the ICFJ/Connectas Fellowship.
IRIA aims to encourage and strengthen independent and quality journalism in the region by offering support to investigative journalists since 2013.
- Receive a stipend of $3,000 for the entire duration of the Fellowship;
- Work on one in-depth reporting project related to an issue of public interest, such as human rights, corruption or violence;
- Have the opportunity to be connected to an ICFJ/Connectas mentor;
- Have the opportunity to receive advice about security protocols in high-risk cases;
- Be required to provide 12 hours of their services as part of their fellowship to support other Connectas Hub members working on investigations;
- After completion of Fellowship, applicants will become a member of the Connectas Hub community;
- Cooperate with the re-publication and distribution terms of the project.
At this time, the Fellowship is open to journalists working in the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Dominica, Ecuador, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Santa Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela.
Requirements to apply
- Currently live in one of the target countries listed above;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of investigative experience or be a Connectas Hub member;
- Provide a minimum of three (3) in-depth investigative stories published within the last two (2) years;
- Submit a detailed budget, investigation worksheet, and timeline;
- It is not a requirement to be a member of the Connectas Hub but applications from Connectas Hub members are encouraged;
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.icfj.org/our-work/icfjconnectas-fellowship