Deadline: 11 August 2019
Under the Investigative Reporting Initiative in the Americas (IRIA) project, International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), in partnership with Connectas, is inviting experienced investigative journalists to apply for the third round of the ICFJ/Connectas Fellowship.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IRIA aims to encourage and strengthen independent and quality journalism in the region by offering support to investigative journalists since 2013.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Receive a stipend of $3,000 for the entire duration of the Fellowship;
- Work on one in-depth reporting project related to an issue of public interest, such as human rights, corruption or violence;
- Have the opportunity to be connected to an ICFJ/Connectas mentor;
- Have the opportunity to receive advice about security protocols in high-risk cases;
- Be required to provide 12 hours of their services as part of their fellowship to support other Connectas Hub members working on investigations;
- After completion of Fellowship, applicants will become a member of the Connectas Hub community;
- Cooperate with the re-publication and distribution terms of the project.
At this time, the Fellowship is open to journalists working in the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Dominica, Ecuador, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Santa Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Requirements to apply
- Currently live in one of the target countries listed above;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of investigative experience or be a Connectas Hub member;
- Provide a minimum of three (3) in-depth investigative stories published within the last two (2) years;
- Submit a detailed budget, investigation worksheet, and timeline;
- It is not a requirement to be a member of the Connectas Hub but applications from Connectas Hub members are encouraged;
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.icfj.org/our-work/icfjconnectas-fellowship
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.