Deadline: 20 June 2017
The International Tropical Timber Organization (IITO) is seeking applications for its fellowship programme through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines.
The goal is to promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
- Promote good governance and enabling policy frameworks for strengthening SFM and related trade, and enhancing SFM financing and investment.
- Increase the contribution of tropical forests to national and local economies, including through international trade.
- Enhance the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity in tropical timber producing forests.
- Reduce tropical deforestation and forest degradation and enhance the provision of environmental services.
- Improve the quality and availability of information on tropical forests, forest product markets and trade.
- Build and develop human resource capacity to implement SFM and increase trade in forest goods and services from sustainably managed forests.
- The maximum amount for a fellowship is US$10,000.
- ITTO Fellowships provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances.
- For post-graduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided.
- Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions.
- Participation in international/regional conferences, short-term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture/demonstration tours.
- Technical document preparation, publication and dissemination, such as manuals and monographs.
- Small grants for post-graduate studies.
- Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply.
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for another ITTO Fellowship within two years of receiving the first award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Togo, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Albania, Australia, China, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Republic of Korea, Switzerland, United States of America.
For more information, please visit ITTO Fellowship Programme.