Deadline: 4 December 2017
Applications are open for John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships that support diverse journalists from around the world who are deeply engaged in exploring solutions to the most urgent issues facing journalism. Innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership in journalism are the foundation of our work, which seeks to improve the quality of news and information reaching the public.
- The fellowship provides JSK Fellows with several financial benefits, including a stipend of $75,000. In addition to this stipend, they provide a supplement of $15,000 to $40,000 for fellows with children.
- Other benefits of a JSK Fellowship:
- Access to some of the world’s most innovative thinkers and organizations, from technology giants to hot new startups to Stanford’s 100-plus special institutes and centers.
- Opportunities to join classes taught by top Stanford professors and instructors in a wide range of specialties. It is common for classes to be taught by people who also work in the vanguard of their fields in the private sector.
- A rich intellectual and cultural campus life, including live theater, music and dance performances and special lectures and events.
- Fellowship social events where everyone can get to know one another.
- Spouses and partners are eligible to take some classes and attend many fellowship seminars. Fellows’ children attend excellent Palo Alto-area schools and are included in some fellowship social activities.
- Exposure to the incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that fellows from all over the world bring to the program.
- New friendships, professional connections and entrepreneurial skills that will continue beyond the 10 months fellows spend at Stanford.
- U.S. applicants typically have at least seven years of full-time professional experience; international applicants typically have at least five years of experience. This fellowship will consider less experienced applicants who have outstanding achievements. They do not require applicants to have a college degree.
- The fellowship considers applicants who fall into one or more of these categories:
- Journalists employed by a news organization or freelance journalists.
- Journalism entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Journalism business and management executives.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships.